Wednesday, August 14, 2013

One week down, 51 more to go

It's hard to believe that it's already been a whole week since my first day at the ARC. It's encouraging to be greeted by so many people who share your compassion and excitement for humanity.

Today I'm going to show you my office!  (Can I get a Woot! Woot!)

Check out my super snazzy desk!  It's used and older, but perfect for what I need!   Can I be honest and say that I am actually psyched to see that there wasn't a ton of expense here?  Somehow knowing that we don't have exquisite office furniture makes me feel better.  I guess it just goes to show that the Red Cross uses its' resources wisely :)  Why have a new fancy desk when an old beater will do? 

Hello Mr. Awesome welcome sign!  Your purty sticky hand was just what I needed to feel at home hehe. And did anyone else notice my 3 exclamation points?  That means they REALLY ARE excited to have me on board! Or at least that's what I'm going to tell myself.  I wonder why my sticky hand is leaving a trail on my welcome sign tho?  Add that to the list of things to ponder on a rainy day.


This beauty was something I picked up at the Thrift Store just last week.  I found it very fitting as my first desk decoration, and am quite pleased that I only had to spend $2 for such a great piece.  

(Note:  The opinions stated above are strictly from my own observations and are not intended to be the opinion of the Red Cross...however, I will say that it would be awesome if I was right ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment